Shredded Carrot 1/4 cup
- Cut the cabbage half in half lengthwise and slice bothhalves into shreds, as thin as you can. Keep aside.
- Slice the Bell pepper, lengthwise and then cut them intothin slices. Cut the chilies into half moon slices.
- Take a big mixing bowl; add both cabbage shreds ,chilies, and bell pepper in it.
- Grind the peanuts coarsely in a coffee grinder.
- Add the coconut, cilantro,salt and lime juice into thecabbage mixture.
- Sprinkle the ground peanuts over the cabbage mixture.
- Take the oil in a small skillet over medium high heat.Once the oil appears to shimmers, add the mustard and wait for popping , switch off the stoveand sprinkle the turmeric powder.
- Pour the seasonings over the cabbge , using tongs helps, combing the slaw and ensure every shred of cabbage is evenlycoated and well mixed.
- Serve the slaw either at room temperature or chilled.